The SSP Plugin (OpenRTB API) plugin for revive ad server is used to display ads from ad exchange. It supports the display, mobile and video ads with standard IAB format.
What is SSP?
The SSP is abbreviated as supply side platform, it is a blooming technology used by many publishers to create their advertising space. The supply side platform is offered by many companies which are related to inventory management services. For example ad meld a part of Google’s double click ad exchange, uses the same functionality and it is also used by other platforms like openx and pubmatic.
Uses of SSP
The SSP allows its users to access programmatic selling in ad exchange and it also provides optimization in ad revenue and ad selling costs. Using SSP in ad inventory, the publisher can able to sell the impressions at highest bid rate and can access a wide range of advertisers in the network.
Benefits of open RTB
- The publisher can get highest CPM rate with the help of this plugin.
- The plugin offers cost-effective bidding for buyers. Restrictions for advertiser and publisher are enforced by this plugin.
- The open RTB can be easily integrated with SSP or DSP plugin, if the system already has openRTB set up.
- The ad formats supported by this plugin are Display, video and mobile ads (ad formats are supported based on the integrated ad exchange)
Characteristics of this plugin
- The plugin connects multiple RTB buyers into the ad network.
- The plugin follows IAB and open RTB standards; the version followed by the plugin is 2.1 and 2.2
- The plugin follows RTB bidding methodologies with first / second bid auction.
- The plugin synchronizes RTB buyers and ad server with win notification.
- The plugin distinguishes the request and response of RTB buyers and ad server.
- The plugin is fully object oriented and supports video, display, and mobile ads.
IAB objects supported by this plugin
- Impression Object
- Banner Object
- Site Object
- App Object
- Content Object
- Device Object
- User Object
- Publisher Object
- Producer Object
- Geo Object
- Data Object
- Segment Object